Gabriel's first birthday is at the end of this month! We are sad we are not going to be together as a family to celebrate his happy day! We are glad this will be the only birthday we have to celebrate half a world apart, except of course the birthdays he celebrates when serving his two year mission for our church! We were hoping to be able to Skype him on his birthday, but found out it is not allowed. :( So we did the next best thing and sent him a special birthday package!!!
We sent him several cute outfits, two toy cars and a toy remote control that counts and sings. We thought maybe it would help with his English!!
I found this adorable first birthday dinosaur shirt and birthday hat! I couldn't resist sending it!
I love the little candle on the top, and the scales on the back!!! I really hope that they send us a picture of him in the hat!!
We also made him a birthday video from us! We thought it would be nice for him to be able to see our families and hear all our voices! It turned out pretty cute! We learned while filming this movie that Jeremy and I are in no way cut out for careers in acting, in fact we stink! It took us about 10 tries and cue cards to get it right!! Sad but true! I think I say "You're getting so big" at least thirty times and talk really loud. Oh and I talk over Jeremy a lot, but I think I already knew that one! The rest of the family did great. So for your viewing pleasure, grab the popcorn and get ready for the best comedy of the season!
\
P.S. I did edit the video a bit from the one we sent Gabriel. I cut out personal stuff I didn't want online. It's pretty close to what we actually sent!
2 comments:
Aww.. you guys are going to be the best parents ever! Gabriel is very lucky.
I am surprise they won't allow you to skype. What is the reason for that I wonder?
I don't know about best parents ever, but we will try reeeealy hard!!
They said there are not enough people at the agency to help translate with the call. :( I understand, but it still stinks!
Post a Comment