Monday, August 13, 2012

Olympics



I am really quite sad the the Olympics are over. I typically am not a huge summer Olympic fan, more of a winter girl, but this year I love, love loved them! It has been fun to watch them for the first time as a multi-cultural family! 




I found myself cheering for all the countries of our family, U.S.A, Malaysia and South Korea. It really is more fun to have a vested interest in more then one team! I would highly recommend it to anyone! It sure would help with the whole world peace thing! I am so excited to watch the next Olympics with Gabriel in 2016. Oh, and if he is not here by then, this will be one angry mamma!!!!! 

I just want to give a shout out to Team U.S.A's women who kicked butt! I loved watching so many women medal. I mean I was so psyched when "The Fab Five" took gold in gymnastic, and how cute is Gabby Douglas who won the gold in the Women's Gymnastics all around! Then you have Misty May and Kerri Welsh and their amazing three-peat!! It was great! My absolute favorite however, the women's swim team! Also know as team smiley. What a great group of girls who were so cute and positive. It really seemed they were having the best summer of their lives! I sat here wishing I could be one of them. I mean I guess I could be with my big hands and feet, except for the whole hate water in the nose and can't dive in with out plugging it, thing. ;) My fav female swimmer. . .  Missy Franklin! How cute is she and what an amazing swimmer! I just loved watching her kick butt. The fun teenager exuberance, was contagious! I feel like I want her to be one of my friends!  Or maybe her Young Women's leader, as that would be less creepy since she is only 17!

What I won't miss about the Olympics (besides the annoying announcers that act like they could do it better), are all the mom's. Not in a mean I HATE moms way, just in a I am tired of crying every time they show a mom who is crying because here baby just won gold thing! I swear I have been crying for two weeks. Between watching them cry or watching the cute P&G commercials that thank moms for all they do. It gets me every time. Not sure if its because one day it will be my baby that will do something that I find worthy of a gold medal and then I will be the mom crying. Or because I think of my own mom who cries when I do gold worthy things. Whatever it is, I am glad I can now watch t.v. without the tissue box near by!

Congrats Team U.S.A!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You rooted for Malaysia? Really? Hehe. :)

Natalie and Jeremy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie and Jeremy said...

Yes when they played. They just didn't show them to much here in the U.S. ;)