Monday, February 22, 2010

The Bathroom



Our last project of redoing the bathroom turned out to be much more then I expected. I made one little comment of wanting to change the vanity because it did not go wall to wall, (there was about 2 inches on either side that served no purpose, where dust and hair collected!), and the next thing I knew we are putting in a tile floor, getting a new toilet (a "Man's toilet" according to Jeremy!) and adding a medicine cabinet as well! We were only supose to be without a toilet for 1 day, but that turned into 3! I now can give a detailed report on all the nearest public restrooms in town and which are cleanest! We of course could not have done all this if it hadn't been for my in-laws who helped us purchase many of the items as christmas and birthday gifts, for the next few years! My father-in -law works for a hardware store and was able to help us pick out and order everything in the style and colors that we wanted! We are so grateful to them, and everytime we brush our teeth we thank them over again! Jeremy and I did the tile floor by ourselves, a first for both of us! It turned out great! Jeremy did a very nice job with cutting the tile and making it all even! I even helped to grout! We also put in a base board heater, because prior, we had NO HEAT in the bathroom at all! Let me tell you it is very difficult on a colds winter night to try to go to the bathroom when you sit down and everything clamps down due to cold! Now our bathroom is so warm and the heater is just below our towel rack, so when we get out of the shower we have warm towels to wrap up in! Its great!

Before



During













After





I love these shower curtain hooks with butterflies I found! The match so well with my decor.