The proud parents!
I first have to admit that I am a total slacker, I had this great idea that I would take pictures of everything that we put in our little care package, take a picture at the post office as we mailed our gifts to Gabriel and his foster family, but in all the excitement to get it mailed off to him, I forgot! I am so bummed. At least I can tell about the package, even though it is not the same!
I got Gabriel a couple of cute shirts, you know the kind that says "my mom rocks" and "daddy is my favorite." You know just because I can now! We even got him some cute plaid shorts to go with said shirts. I sent everything in 12 month size, due to the little guy being 22lbs already!!!!
I made a copy of the "Children's Songbook" CD that I got to play for him when we put him to bed, so that it will be familiar to him when he gets here. I also sent him a "Little Einstein's DVD because I had heard that it can help to have him hear English and help prepare him.
We got him one of the those cute small blankets with a little puppy dog head that is soooo soft. I was a crazy lady and made Jeremy and I sleep with it so our "smell" would be on it! I have heard that we "smell" different and that babies can pick up on that, so I wanted him to be ready for us. I think Jeremy thought I was crazy, but I feel most moms would understand!
My favorite gift for him though was the "Goodnight Moon" recordable storybook that we got from hallmark so that he could hear our voices. We were able to read our baby a story even though we are miles away. It was so much fun to do, and we even got to say good night to him at the end of the story. It was so cool! Props to my sister Elise who came up with the idea!!!!!
We even got a few gifts for Gabriel's foster family. A quick shout out to my sister-in-law Lian who was a great resource in helping me to find things that were not made in china (hard to do, just go through your house and see for yourself!) and that would not be really lame! Even though she has never been to Korea, she has lived/traveled more outside the US then anyone I know. She was so helpful. We ended up getting some Reese's Peanut Butter cups and some Red Hots, which apparently are specialty items in many other countries! We also sent small travel sizes of some Bath and Body Works lotion, which is also hard to get in other countries.
Hopefully if all went well, Gabriel and his foster family should be getting the package any day now! I was a freak packaging it up, I put everything in zip lock bags to protect it, and then I taped the snot out of it! Jeremy was laughing at me, but hey I remember what those packages looked like that my mom sent to my brother Cliff when he was on his mission to Malaysia. It looked like it had been through a war! I wanted to get it there safely.
So since I didn't take a picture of the package, I at least got one of sending in our acceptance paper work to the agency. Better then nothing!
1 comment:
Aww. Thanks. I am sure they will be excited and little Gabe will soon realize how lucky he is to be coming into your family! You both looked so happy, despite no picture of the overwrapped package. :)
Post a Comment