This is the first Mother's Day where I am actually I will say close to being a mother. I know some could claim that I am technically one, but since I have yet to hold him/touch him, kiss him, change a messy diaper or wipe away his troubled tears, I feel I can't claim true motherhood yet. But it is coming, closer then it ever has been in my life! So with that I have been thinking about some of the mother's in my life.
First to the mother in Korea right now that made me a mother, that chose for her baby a better life. Who made, I think, one of the hardest choices of her life. To part with her beautiful son so that he could have more then she could give him. I know that you did it for him, but I benefit from your love and sacrifice. You have done something for me that I could not do for myself, you to me our a savoir. You have given me the gift of motherhood. I know you probably never thought of me when you made your choice, but I think of you everyday and am thankful for your choice. I know that it may not mean that much, and it can't stop your heart from hurting, but for whatever its worth just know that someone half way around the world is praying for you. I pray that you will feel peace, I pray that you will know that your baby is going to a good home, that he will be loved and cared for, I pray that you may be able to have heavens blessings poured out on you. That all your righteous desires will be granted.
I think about Gabriel's foster mom. The women who is caring so well for my beautiful son while I can not. She is loving him, feeding him, and soothing his cries. I know it can't be easy to have to put your heart and soul in to a child only to send him half way around the world. It can't be easy but you are doing for me a great service and I thank you for that. Thank you for embracing him as one of your own and allowing him to be a member of your family. I pray for you too, that heavens blessing may be poured out on you and your home.
I think about my own mom. The sacrifice she has made to raise me and my siblings. The time she spent raising us AND homeschooling us. Not any easy feat I am sure! As I think about the mom that I want to be to my boy, I look to her example, for there is no one better. She always there for me. She never looses an opportunity to teach her children and share her testimony with them. She has been there for me through thick and thin. When I was a teen and didn't think I was thin/pretty/smart enough, she was there telling me that I was beautiful/kind/smart enough. When I graduated from nursing school there was no one prouder. She was a shoulder to cry on when I wanted my own babies to come and they just were not coming. Then when I lost a few babies she was there to cry with me. She made sure my house was clean, my dog was bathed and my dinner was cooked. I know she spent hours on her knees praying for me and for that I am truly thankful. I hope that I can be as wonderful a mom and she is to me!
This post seems hardly adequate enough to do these mom's the justice. Please accept my frail attempt!
Happy Mother's Day to all the women at there! Womanhood rocks!!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment